Welcome to the blog! I’m so glad you stopped by and are browsing. I hope you find something that excites you and incites you to take on a project or improve your lifestyle or you home to reflect who you are.
Here are 10 things you should know about this Plain Jane.
- I am married. I met my husband when we were 12, we even dated in High School and have been married for almost 8 years.
- I am a mother. I have a wonderful, soon to be three year old girl who is absolutely the greatest joy in my life. She keeps me grounded as I have had to tame some of my crazy expectations after having her; it was definitely for the better.
- I was born and raised in Calgary, AB Canada. I love Canada and; although, Europe and the adventure of living abroad calls my name on occasion Canada and this great city will always be home.
- I have an incredible family and support system that I love dearly, but probably don’t tell them that enough.
- I love languages and grammar! In fact, I’m a teacher. I teach French and Spanish to Middle School and High School students 5 days a week.
- I have moved a lot. Some would even say I have moved too much, but I’m always ready for that next chapter and could pack a house in a day if I had to. Growing up I had 10 houses in 19 years. Some of those were temporary, and in between more permanent houses. My husband I have had 6 houses in our 8 year marriage and have also moved in with my parents three times while we waited for homes to be built or renovations to be finished.
- I am a Francophile. I love everything French, French food, French films, French music, quaint French villages…I’m hoping that you are getting the picture.
- I love to travel. My favourite spot, Maui, but I’d go anywhere in the world given the opportunity.
- I love to sing, and with that I love to karaoke. It’s one of my favourite things, ever. I would karaoke any song, any day. I always sing in the car, shower, my office, my classroom etc.
- I am gluten free and; although, it can be a major pain in the butt, the alternative would be a far worse pain the butt. I have been gluten free for 14 years and it is a big part of who I am.