Welcome or welcome back! I’m Jane and this is my site. I love design, clean lines, beautiful spaces and want to share that passion with you. I’m hoping that you will find interesting things on the blog. Things that you hadn’t thought of, answers to your questions and of course you’ll find me. Since I’m new around here an introduction is definitely in order.
Here are 10 things you should know about this Plain Jane.
- I am married. I met my husband when we were 12, we even dated in High School and have been married for almost 8 years.
- I am a mother. I have a wonderful, three year old girl who is absolutely the greatest joy in my life. She is full of energy and life and keeps our household entertained with her singing and dancing.
- I was born and raised in Calgary, AB Canada. I love Canada and; although, Europe and the adventure of living abroad calls my name on occasion, Canada and this great city will always be home.
- I have an incredible family and support system that I love dearly, but probably don’t tell them that enough.
- I love languages and grammar! In fact, I’m a teacher. I teach French and Spanish to Middle School and High School students 5 days a week.
- I have moved a lot. Some would even say I have moved too much, but I’m always ready for that next chapter and could pack my house in a day if I had to. Growing up I lived in 10 houses in 19 years. Some of those were temporary, and in between more permanent houses. My husband I have had 6 houses in our 8 year marriage and have also moved in with my parents three times while we waited for homes to be built or renovations to be finished.
- I am a Francophile. I love everything French, French food, French films, French music, quaint French villages…I’m hoping that you are getting the picture.
- I love to travel. My favourite spot, Maui, and if you’ve been you’ll know why I call it heaven. Realistically I’d go anywher in the world given the opportunity.
- I love to sing, and with that I love to karaoke. It’s one of my favourite things, ever. I would karaoke any song, any day. I always sing in the car, shower, my office, my classroom etc.
- I am gluten free and; although, it can be a major pain in the butt, the alternative would be a far worse pain the butt. I have been gluten free for 14 years and it is a big part of who I am.
There you have it. I guess an important number 11 would be that I love design. I love houses, beautiful houses with lovely, comfortable and inviting spaces. Spaces that you feel you could curl up with a book in, or curl up and cuddle with your favourite people in. I love that my current home provides all of that for my family. I want everyone to have that, which is part of why I started this.
My hope is that via the blog you will find information to help guide you in your design conundrums, and that you will contact me if you have questions/problems that you need solutions for. I would love to be invited to your place to help you create those perfect spaces for you, your family and your guests. I want to hear from you, so please post comments when you agree or when you disagree with me, and please follow me on Facebook/Instagram and Twitter.
Welcome and enjoy!